Welcome to the Town of Caroga!
Caroga, home to about 1,200 residents, is located in upstate New
York’s beautiful Adirondack foothills. Come visit and discover the great
outdoors with us. Choose from multiple lakes for boating, swimming,
canoeing, and fishing. Explore mountain trails for hiking,
Wheelerville Bike Trails for mountain biking,
streams for fishing, and woods for hunting. In warm weather, tee off at
our municipal golf course,
enjoy a picnic or dinner at a scenic spot, or sleep under the stars at
Take in some history at the museum or hear some music around town. In
cold weather, go to the snow on your sled, skis, board, or snowshoes. Any
time of the year, bring the whole family and be part of our friendly
small town experience and endless outdoor adventures.
The Supervisor proposed hiring a “Groundskeeper”.
January 13, 2021 Agenda.)
- The Golf Course Pro Shop burned down.
- Town Board governance issues.
- Town Board partially restarts Zoom meetings.
- Final Budget Hearing 11/18 7:00pm
- COVID-19 Health Information and News
- COVID-19 Town Operations News:
- Snow plowing across a Town Road is
dangerous and illegal.
- South Shore Road on Canada Lake is now
Sand Point Road.
Lane Road stump dump is closed
due to misuse. It is available by appointment only:
Allen Farber and Dick Loomis have
of Barbara McMartin’s
Caroga: An Adirondack Town Recalls Its Past
with new typesetting, many new images, and many color images.
- Email your Town Board and Town Clerk
Town of Caroga
Copyright © James McMartin Long 2017-2021